Saturday 3 October 2009

♥ Christopher Decarnin ♥

so Paris saw the return of Balmain and the question on everyone's lips (I'm guessing) is HOW THE BEJESUS IS DECARNIN GOING TO CREATE A COLLECTION THAT EVEN EQUALS THE SUCCESS AND MAINSTREAM OSMOSIS OF S/S 09??

I obviously can't answer that but I did enjoy the show. A trend across many of this season's collections has been the military influence, coupled with burnished embellishments - lending from armour and hardware. The eponymous shoulders are back too with frayed dresses in texturised/studded rubber. Quite a dark collection for Summer season in terms of palette but I think its undoubtedly strong and has plenty to offer the high street diffusions. I can't help thinking SNAKES & SCALES are an influence too?

Here be my favourite pieces...

No comments:

Post a Comment